Why choose us?
- MGIMO Bachelor Degree in Economics
- University of Reading BSc in Finance and Investment Banking
- A practically oriented degree which specializes in economics and finance
- from the 1st year (4 English classes per week / 8 academic hours, 3 classes of a second foreign language per week / 6 academic hours)
- in small groups
- due to a large number of various subjects in the first two years at MGIMO
TWO FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Organization of the educational process
- THE APPLIED NATURE OF THE PROGRAM
thanks to training at the leading business school in the UK for 2 years, which was founded in 1945 and is currently one of 90 business schools (less than 1% of the total number of registered business schools) that have triple accreditation (AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB). The business school is located on the campus and students are free to benefit from the infrastructure of the University.
- CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES & KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT
Classroom activities 5 days a week in the morning.
3 mid-term assessments per module per semester +end-of-course assessment.
- IFP CERTIFICATE
The curriculum agreed with British colleagues and the award of the International Foundation Programme certificate of the University of Reading upon completion of the first-year studies.
for the students while studying in the UK.
1&2 years at MGIMO
- Academic skills
- Introduction to business and management
- Linear algebra
- Mathematical analysis( Calculus)
- Theory of Probability and Mathematical Statistics
- Theory of statistics
- World economy
- International economic relations
- State and business protocol
- International relations and world politics
- International law
- Economic statistics
- Economic informatics
- Introductory securities and markets
- Taxes and taxation
- Finance / Trading Simulation
- Ethics of investment
- Introduction to financial accounting
- Life safety
- Physical Culture and sport
- Second foreign language
*Subject to change
Training at the Military Training Center (VUZ) at MGIMO is not provided
3&4 years at UoR
- Corporate finance
- Investment Management
- Econometrics in finance. Introductory course
- Instruments and debt markets
- Financial modeling
- Risk Management
- Derivative financial instruments
- Bonds and money markets
- Hedging and trading in the derivatives market
+ optional modules
Minimum USE (Unified State Exam) scores:
- English language — 80
- Russian language — 70
- Mathematics major — 50
International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma scores are transferred into MGIMO scores as per Addendum 6 of Admission rules.
For the applicants, mentioned in clause 2.2 of Admission rules without the results of USE or the International Baccalaureate Diploma, entrance exams in the following subjects are held in MGIMO:
- Russian language
- Tuition fee at MGIMO in 2020/21 academic year for the citizens of the Russian Federation is 950 thousand rubles per year, for foreign citizens – 1,028 thousand rubles per year.
- Tuition fee for 3 and 4 years of the program is set by the University of Reading. In 2020/21 academic year the fee is 20,315 British pounds. MGIMO students are granted a 10% discount on the above-stated tuition fee.
- Living costs at the University of Reading is tentatively estimated at 9,500 British pounds per year.
Fundamental education in economics and excellent knowledge of foreign languages, combined with practical skills in finance and investment management, provide competitive advantages for the graduates in the labor market.
Depending on preferences, graduates can be employed both in government and business institutions: in Russian, British and international companies, banks or funds.
Those interested in academic career can continue their education in master and postgraduate programs in leading Russian, British and foreign universities.
What our students say
This program is an ideal opportunity to study both in Russia and abroad. In my opinion, this is also a great choice for the students who want to study international finance and investment management and to learn foreign languages.
The program is new, our group is not large, but we are very united, which makes studying fun. Sometimes studying is difficult, but it is always very interesting. All lecturers are qualified and equipped with proper skills and understanding to explain the subject and to help the students.
first year student
Reception of dean of the School of International Economic Relations
+7 495 229-38-03